Canon.com/ijsetup – Canon Printer Setup
Canon is a name that doesn’t require any introduction. That’s how famous and credible it is! With the ever-evolving technology, Canon has been amending some super amazing changes to match the needs of customers. Now, it’s just not the printing facility that you can avail of from the Canon.com/ijsetup but also scanning, copying, fax, and other couples of things.
Requisites for canon.com/ijsetup
In order to have a successful canon.com/ijsetup, you have to ensure the below-mentioned points:
- A working printer
- A good high-speed wifi connectivity
- Perfectly operating PC/laptop
- Enough storage space in your laptop/PC
- Firm USB cable connections
- Disabled firewall to do the complete setup in a hurdle freeway
From this part, you will be taken on a full tour on canon.com/ijsetup on PC/laptop system. This particular section is divided into 4 sections for your convenience. Remember to go section by section and follow all the steps in the order given in the write-up. Get started!
1. Download printer driver (Canon.com/ijsetup)
Here goes the 1st part of the process. Canon.com/ijsetup is the official Canon site that allows you to download the most compatible driver for your printer model. Even first-time users can surf the website smoothly because of the friendly user interface. Follow these trusted and tested steps to download the printer driver from canon.com/ijsetup :
- Start your favorite cache & captcha data-free browser and type “Canon.com/ijsetup” in the search engine bar and press enter key from your keyboard panel.
- The official download page will open and then click on the “Set Up” tab.
- Now a page launches saying Select Product Name, enter exactly the same model name plus its number in the designated space.
- Once you did all the above steps correctly, you will be taken to the product window. Now snap the download bar to get the desired driver.
- few times, the Canon website instead of showing the direct download link, provides you the printer setup screen. No issues, do as follows:
- Sometimes, it redirects you to the printer setup screen, then hits the “Start” button and follows all the on-screen instructional prompts to make your printer ready.
- Tap “Next” to proceed with every step. Watch the video guide for your reference
- Next, navigate to the “Connect” tab displayed at the lower-right side.
- Remember to pick the right OS located in the bottom-left side so that configuration happens smoothly.
- Thereafter, the download link will finally appear on the screen. Snap that red-color download tab.
- Step 6: The download process commences. Wait for a few minutes till the progress of the printer driver download finishes.
2. Connection setup
The 2nd part for successful Canon.com/ijsetup is a good and durable connection. Well, you always have two connection choices. Either you can go for the Wireless setup or the wired one.
In this particular section, the wireless setup is elaborated for both the OS – MAC and Windows. Follow the below-mentioned procedure:
- Start the canon printer by turning ON the power button. Now the blue LED light begins flashing.
- Push the WPS button located on the rear side of your WIFI router.
- Move to the “Wireless Setup” on the control panel screen of your canon printer and touch the “Wi-Fi Setup” choice.
- On your PC, pick device settings and then LAN settings. Finally push the OK button.
- Select the wifi access point you have from the available list and click OK.
- Input WEP/WPA key which is nothing but your Wi-Fi password key. Enter it and then hit OK.
- A few seconds after, the canon printer will be associated with your Wi-Fi.
3. Installation of Canon.com/ijsetup driver
Once the Canon Printer Setup File gets downloaded, start the installation of the Canon.com/ijsetup. All the steps are to be followed very precariously to ensure a smooth process.
- As soon as the download gets over, access the file and start it.
- Grant permission when the pop-up message flashes for the installer to run on the system without any issue.
- You have to Pick the preferred connection link that you want between your PC and printer method and go through the on-screen advice to establish the connection.
- Once the connection is chosen, you can now access the printer choice from the given list of nearby printers.
After you are done with the above 4 steps, you need to follow the specialized instruction for whatever OS you have:
- Navigate to the Windows Control Panel and click ‘Network and Connectivity’.
- Go over the option that says “Devices and Printer” and hit “Add Printer”.
- Check if your Canon printer appears on the window screen with a sign of a green tick. Just in case you can’t see this option then you are left with manually adding a printer via the “Add printer” option.
- After this, there will be a list of printers visible. Choose your canon printer.
- Snap next and a few moments later you can view your canon printer added and show up a green tick mark.